Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents visitor visa dropbox, gor 221g and called for interview

Hello,

My parents Visa was about to expire soon, so i applied for renewal via dropbox as they were eligible.

After the dropbox, my mom passport came back with 221g(white slip) asking her to come in for an interview with the consular officer on nay day from 10-11. And her visa had a stamp " cancelled without prejudice". But my dads passport is still not returned. the status should its still with us embassy/consulate,

worried why is the 221g form? she visited around 5 times in the past 10 years and mostly was 6 months long and frequently( within 6 months ) once.

Also the last time when she went to interview 10 years back, both were working but now both are retired adn they are self sponsers. Could that be an issue?

what do you think could be the reason for 221g and what kind of questions can i expect in the interview.
    Any documents that she needs to carry? ( slip just said bing the slip and passport to the interview and no appoint required)

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by qquery; 10-02-2019, 01:43 PM.

No, probably the VO would like to verify that the applicant is still alive & in good health to travel before their visa is approved.

Have them visit the embassy & hopefully they will get their visa soon.

I've seen multiple aged people applied for dropbox & got call for interview, later their visa was approved after couple of simple questions.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Libra_14 Thank you for the response. Feels good to hear.

Worried Since only my mom was called for interview along with " cancelled without prejudice" and dad passsport is still with the embasssy"Administrative processing" , . I read in other places that it could be because of her frequent visits and the 6 months duration.

what kind of questions can i expect?
      Last edited by qquery; 10-03-2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Don't worry "Cancelled without prejudice" is not an problem - that visa was anyway going to expire soon.

Stay positive that they did not rejected the application straight away - hence they still have 100% chances of getting their visa.

Questions you can expect similar to what were asked earlier, for example, why the visit, how long, where they going, what their son doing, which company, how long, how much is salary etc. I can provide 50 more similar questions, but I don't think they will be asked more than 5 questions.

Best of luck !!
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Libra_14 Fingers Crossed. Do i need to send my paystubs as well along with other documents that they carry?

Comment

To be on safer side, sending couple extra easily available papers won't harm at all.

Comment

Libra_14 Sure. Its a 221g blue slip. Not WHITE as i mentioned in the intial post. Is there a difference.?

Comment

No difference for parents.

Comment

Originally posted by sderiis
                  No, probably the VO would like to verify that the applicant is still alive & in good health to travel before their visa is approved.

Have them visit the embassy & hopefully they will get their visa soon.
                  Thanks Sderiis !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X