• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for visa B1/B2

Hello everyone, I need your advice.
    Below is my general status:

Unmarried female, 25 y/o
    Working in Japan, salary about 2500USD/month.
    Travel history: Thailand, Taiwan, Hongkong, Korea (I have never traveled outside Asia)
    I plan to travel to the US for 15 days with the purpose of tourism and visiting my boy friend’s family and celebrating Christmas and New Year with them. My boyfriend is American and currently working in the same company with me in Japan, and this time we plan to visit the US together from Japan.

I will have my interview on this upcoming October 23 in Osaka.
    These are the supporting documents that I have prepared:

1. Certificate of Employment (which states my title, work period, base salary, type of employment)
    2. Pay slip of the most recent 3 months (and English translation with translator’s signature and stamp on)
    3. Bank balance certificate from the bank (both 2,3 are to prove that I can and will be responsible for my own expenses during the trip) →Do I still need a copy of my bankbook?
    4. Letter to the consulate (My boy friend’s mom wrote it and signed for me. In the letter she also emphasized that I will come back to Japan after my trip ends) →Do I still need a letter of invitation from my bf’s mom to myself?
    5. Schedule of stay
    6. Some photos with me and my friend’s family when they visited Japan the previous year (this is a bit tricky, cuz I’m wondering whether I should include the photos or not. What if they will think I have the intention to immigrate?)

Please tell me whether the document is enough and will I get the visa? And also should I mention to the VO about my boy friend as just a friend, so that they don’t think I’m trying to immigrate? (because I’m not, I just want to visit the U.S for my Christmas and New Year holiday)

Originally posted by AmyHGAJ View Post
    6. Some photos with me and my friend’s family when they visited Japan the previous year (this is a bit tricky, cuz I’m wondering whether I should include the photos or not. What if they will think I have the intention to immigrate?)
    If you show that your have any American citizen boyfriend, it shows that you have intention to get married with him sometime in future & hence you'll become a potential immigrant.

In that case B2 visa is not for you. You can probably try to read about K1 visa (I don't have much info about that visa, but you have better chances to get that visa)
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Unmarried female, 25 y/o
      And of what country are you a citizen?

Unmarried female, 25 y/o

[...]
      4. Letter to the consulate (My boy friend’s mom wrote it and signed for me. In the letter she also emphasized that I will come back to Japan after my trip ends) →Do I still need a letter of invitation from my bf’s mom to myself?
      [...]
      6. Some photos with me and my friend’s family when they visited Japan the previous year (this is a bit tricky, cuz I’m wondering whether I should include the photos or not. What if they will think I have the intention to immigrate?
      The letter from your BF's mom, and the photos you are sharing are a clear signal of intent to immigrate.

If you are trying to get rejected for a visitor visa, and get de-facto permanent ban for all future attempts at a non-immigrant visa, you are doing an excellent job.

So shred the letter and the photos. State truthfully that you are traveling with your bf to spend time with his family. Do include the stuff about your job and finances, and other ties to Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by mike e View Post
        if you are trying to get rejected for a visitor visa, and get de-facto permanent ban for all future attempts at a non-immigrant visa, you are doing an excellent job.
        :d
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X