Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

visitor visa to orphaned kids (relatives)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visitor visa to orphaned kids (relatives)

Hi,

My sister along with her 2 kids (9 and 14 years) wanted to visit during 2019 summer, but got their visitor visa rejected this year (June 2019).

Unfortunately my sister and her husband died in a road accident recently (July 2019) leaving the kids orphaned. They are staying with my parents in India.

I am a US citizen and my parents have a multiple entry visa to US and they have traveled to US and back a few times.

My parents wanted to visit US in summer of 2020 and were planning to bring the kids during their summer school break.

My questions were

a) Can the kids re-apply (after their visa was rejected last year) and can one of my parent accompany them during the embassy visit ?

b) What kind of documents (property/school etc.,) can be shown at the embassy to prove that they are all returning back and do not have any intentions of staying in the US ?

Would really appreciate if anyone could comment and provide any suggestion.

Thanks much

Sorry to hear about your sister & brother-in-law.

Originally posted by calerius View Post
    a) Can the kids re-apply (after their visa was rejected last year) and can one of my parent accompany them during the embassy visit ?
    Yes, they can re-appear with your parents. Have them carry proof of the accident & death, proof of legal custody & guardianship of those kids.

Originally posted by calerius View Post
    b) What kind of documents (property/school etc.,) can be shown at the embassy to prove that they are all returning back and do not have any intentions of staying in the US ?
    Same as what your parents carried at the time of their visa.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X