Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renew visitor's visa from a foreign (Australia) country

Hello Everyone!!!

I am from Nepal and currently living in Australia for education. My siblings are green-card holder in USA. I want to renew my visitors visa which will expire in December 2019. My recent visit to USA was June 2019 and I had previously applied for student visa to USA as well in 2017 and 2018 which were rejected at that time. Can someone please explain to me the process of renewing visa from here in Australia and do i qualify for visa interview waiver? And what is the likelihood of my visa being renewed?

Thank you

You are eligible for IWP. Can you please share exact month/year for your B1 visa & then your F1?

Only doubt I have is after F1 visa rejection, are you still eligible for B1 renewal via dropbox or not.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      You are eligible for IWP. Can you please share exact month/year for your B1 visa & then your F1?

Only doubt I have is after F1 visa rejection, are you still eligible for B1 renewal via dropbox or not.
      Hello Libra_14,

I got my B2 visa in 17 dec 2014. My B2 visa will expire on 14 december 2019. I went to USA first time in OCT 19, 2015. Then in Oct 22, 2016 and third time in June 05, 2019. i had applied for F1 visa 28 June 2018, 30 october 2018 and 19 december, 2018. Also, what is the likelihood that my visa will be renewed? And what is the process of renewing visa from a foreign country?

Thank you

Comment

To me, the chances looks good for your renewal. Follow the same process as you did in 2014 & 2018 - the only difference would be that you won't be asked to schedule an appointment for interview (OFC will still be there) & then submit the documents to VFS.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

To me, the chances looks good for your renewal. Follow the same process as you did in 2014 & 2018 - the only difference would be that you won't be asked to schedule an appointment for interview (OFC will still be there) & then submit the documents to VFS.
          Hello Libra_14 thank you for your reply again.

I have got a couple of questions.

1.What does "OFC" mean?
          2. I had previous applied through consultancy and I am quite unaware of the process of applying can you please guide me?

Thank you,
          Last edited by aakanshya; 11-26-2019, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aakanshya View Post
            1.What does "OFC" mean?
            Offsite Facilitation Center
            2. I had previous applied through consultancy and I am quite unaware of the process of applying can you please guide me?
            Read this https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/

Comment

Offsite Facilitation Center

Read this https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/
              Hello Libra_14,
              Thank you for the reply.

I have another confusion about visa renewal. Are the visa renewal criteria different based on different countries? I was going through a couple of other wesbsite to get the information on renewing my visa and I saw this criteria
              • You must not have been denied a visa recently. This means that if after your visa was issued, you applied for a different visa and the US Embassy denied it, you cannot apply for a renewal of your expired visa.
              I was going through this website for Nepal and did not find such criteria. https://www.ustraveldocs.com/np/np-niv-visarenew.asp

However, while going through the website for India https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp
              I did find the criteria for not being a recent denial of visa.

My question is can I still apply for visa renewal?

Comment

You must not have been denied a visa recently. This means that if after your visa was issued, you applied for a different visa and the US Embassy denied it, you cannot apply for a renewal of your expired visa.

I was going through this website for Nepal and did not find such criteria. https://www.ustraveldocs.com/np/np-niv-visarenew.asp
                Yes, you can still renew your visa, however if you had any denial, then you do not qualify for IWP, you need to attend interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X