Visitor Visa Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Interview

Hello all... I really need help from you all.
    I and my 11 month old daughter are scheduled for B1/ B2 visa interview on 20th November 2019.
    Mu husband is a businessman and already has a valid US visa which was renewed in September 2019.
    We are married since last 3 years and have a daughter. We had visited Singapore and Indonesia in these 3 years.
    Can anyone help me with respect to the interview as this is the first time I'm applying for same. Also is it best to take my child for the interview.
    What are the odds of getting visa

The onus is on you to prove strong ties to your home country - prove that you've sufficient reasons to come back & had no intention to migrate or settle in USA. You can prove that by showing sufficient & regular income, dependent parents, property in your name, proof of marriage with some wedding photographs showing you & your husband performing local rituals in presence of your parents etc. Carry copy of your husband's visa at the time of your interview.

Kids below 14 years do not need to attend the interview, you can leave your daughter at home/hotel.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you for your help..

Comment

@Jaztalk

please share your visa experience! It might helpful for my sister day after tmrw. Thanks

Comment

@swasiks The visa Interview was good.

So my interview lasted for 4-5 mins wherein he asked me my purpose of visit.
          As I'll be visiting my SIL and tourism purpose they enquired me about my SIL and on what visa she is staying in US.
          My husband already has US visa so they enquiredabout him and his business.
          I've travelled Singapore and Indonesia in past..
          And then i got to hear the golden words that your VISA IS APPROVED.

I'll suggest be true and confident and don't get distracted because of other candidates getting rejected. At the end its all luck too.

P.S :- i had taken my 11month old daughter along.

Comment

@Jaztalk

Congratulations!! and thanks for sharing the info.

Comment

Originally posted by JazTak View Post
              @swasiks The visa Interview was good.

So my interview lasted for 4-5 mins wherein he asked me my purpose of visit.
              As I'll be visiting my SIL and tourism purpose they enquired me about my SIL and on what visa she is staying in US.
              My husband already has US visa so they enquiredabout him and his business.
              I've travelled Singapore and Indonesia in past..
              And then i got to hear the golden words that your VISA IS APPROVED.

I'll suggest be true and confident and don't get distracted because of other candidates getting rejected. At the end its all luck too.

P.S :- i had taken my 11month old daughter along.
              Congratulations JazTak & Agree with your points.
              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

libra14 Last and final question... Is it ok to tell them multiple reasons like Graduation and also visiting places or we should stick with only one purpose GRADUATION!!

Please advise.

Comment

Better to stay with just one or two good reason, rather confusing VO with multiple reasons.

Also, if you are planning for longer stay (in DS160) then you should share high level agenda (& it can have multiple reasons).

But if the stay is only for couple of weeks, then one reason of Graduation & second for local tourism would be good enough.

Comment

Sure Thank you. They will stay for only 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Hi Libra,

My sister family visa rejected.Below is the interview process

sister: Good Morning madam
                      VO: good morning (somebody already took passports and my visa copy and gave to VO)
                      VO: Who is sating in US
                      sist: My sister (she could have told my sister and her husband)
                      VO : where are u working (to my brother in Law)
                      BIL: I work for state govt.
                      VO: what is your annual income
                      BIL : 54k/month
                      VO: sorry we can not give you visa try next time.

I am not sure what went wrong as my sister said I live in US and they did not even ask my husband visa copy not the graduation invitation letter. Please adivice I am trying to re apply with myself as full sponsor.

Comment

Better to stay with just one or two good reason, rather confusing VO with multiple reasons.

Also, if you are planning for longer stay (in DS160) then you should share high level agenda (& it can have multiple reasons).

But if the stay is only for couple of weeks, then one reason of Graduation & second for local tourism would be good enough.

Comment

Its not only the interview that decides your visa. There are various other factors being considered for visa. Try to identify that first, before re-applying.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X