Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Visa: Sister appearing for B1/B2 visa interview in few days . Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Visa: Sister appearing for B1/B2 visa interview in few days . Please Help!

Hi Everyone,

My sister has her B1/B2 interview in a few days. She is visiting me for Christmas for two weeks.

Sister's background:

My sister is a Mechanical Engineer in a reputed automobile company. Her salary is 8,00,000 per annum. She has traveled to Germany twice for onsite work. She has also been to the UK for six months when she was working with a previous company. She has work experience of 31/2 years. Age: 26

My Background:

I graduated in Fall 2017 with a Ph.D. in Biochemistry. I am currently working as a Postdoctoral Scientist in a global company. Unmarried. Age: 32

Our parents stay in India. My father works for a government organization and my mother is a homemaker.

On the DS-160 form, my sister has mentioned that she is going to sponsor herself. I believe, she has sufficient funds in her bank. However, I am afraid that the VO might consider her salary to be on the lower end. I was wondering if the VO asks her who is going to sponsor, is it okay to answer that "I am going to sponsor but since I will be staying at my sister's place, she will take care of food and lodging? Please advise.

Given the present scenario, is there anything that we should take care while answering the questions of the VO? How should she prepare for the interview?
    I would greatly appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you!

Its always better to self-sponsor the visit. INR 8L PA is a decent salary for an single person.

As long as she has good savings (INR ~4-5L) in her account, she should be fine with it.

She can certainly mention that she is going to stay with you hence no lodging cost, still self sponsoring the visit for Air tickets & roaming around.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X