B2 Tourist Visa Chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Tourist Visa Chances

I'm a US citizen, born and raised here. My boyfriend is from Croatia and we've been together maintaining a long distance relationship for a year. Visiting his country is no problem for me due to the Visa Waiver Program but, for him to visit the US, he would need to obtain a B2 tourist visa. I would really like for him to come to the US as he's never been here before and I would love to show him where I'm from.

So, my question is this: What are his chances of being approved for a B2 visa? He's a non-married male in his twenties. He currently does not work or own any property in his country so, I'm worried the immigration officer will deny his application due to not having any concrete ties to his home country. He does not have any substantial savings and if he were to visit, he would be staying with me. If we are going for 100% honesty, to answer their questions on why he wants to visit, it would be "I want to visit my girlfriend and see the local sights with her".

Other items of note, he has no criminal history or, history of visa denials / fraud. This would be his first time ever applying for a B2 tourist visa. As I said, I'm just worried his application will be denied due to a lack of ties to his home country which, makes an immigration officer think he'll overstay. Then again, the country he's from isn't considered a "high risk" country so, I'm just not sure.

Thank you for reading, any information is appreciated.

I am also not very sure about Croatia citizens.

However "I want to visit my girlfriend and see the local sights with her" would certainly not work. By saying that he'll show his future intention to marry & migrate to USA, which is certainly not good for visitor visa.

Second, an unmarried, non-working, person with no money has very less chances of visitor visa.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

It depends. If he says you met him online, then they'll likely think it's a person just looking for a green card marriage and "visiting girlfriend" will be deemed fraudulent.

However, if this is a genuine relationship where for example he used to be a student in the US and he has those prior visas to show, etc., then he can say that he's visiting girlfriend and that'll be fine.

It just depends on what it comes across as. But, it's not a matter of saying this or saying that. They can drill into people's heads with their touchless Vulcan mindmeld and ferret out liars. So, just be honest and take the visa if they give a visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X