Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents travel to USA having less validity of my H1B visa is remaining

Hi Team,

I'm currently staying in USA on H1B visa which will be getting expired on 28th March, 2020 and I haven't applied for H1B visa extension yet.

My parents hold valid B2 (Visitor) visa with validity of 10 years till 2029. I was not a sponsor for their visitors visa; they have shown their own financial documents during visa interview. I had only sent invitation letter.

Based on above given facts; I have following queries:
    1. I'm planning to visit India by end of January 2020 and will return back to USA by 2nd week of February and then I will apply for my H1B visa extension.
    Will there be any issue with my travel and H1B extension process?

2. My parents will also travel with me when I will be travelling back from India to USA in 2nd week of February 2020.
    I heard that my parents will have to show return tickets to India at port of entry in USA.
    Will it be fine if we book there return tickets for date after 3/4 months, i.e. of May/June having said that my visa validity will be till only 28th Mar 2020 at the time of entry in USA?

I request you to please help me answering my queries and guide me accordingly.

1. No.
    2. Their visit is independent of your visa status. They could visit the US as "visitors" even if you were not in the US. Their visitor visa has got nothing to do with your visa or status.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Hi scientist2016 Thank you so much for answering my queries.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X