Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B1/b2 visa denial. Unemployed female doctor. Need help with questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/b2 visa denial. Unemployed female doctor. Need help with questions.

I was denied visa 2 days ago. I had applied for clerkship without knowing that clerkships are only done on J1 visas. The officer kept asking if I was a student. I am a graduate not a student. I also had a visa letter from an agency via whom I will be doing the clerkship. the officer also told me a bank balance of 20-22 lakhs was not enough to travel and come back in 3 months. I was given a 214 b slip.

I want to reapply soon in 2 weeks. This time I will lead with the fact that I have an exam there. For which I have a visa letter. Instead of clerkship, I have an observership letter this time which can be done on b1/b2 visa.

I graduated in 2018. I have worked on and off for few months but I have been busy giving entrance exams.
    How do I show strong ties to my country?
    I am an only child
    I am only licenced to practise medicine in India
    my parents have a house and car.

Please help.

What did the VO finally said when he rejected your visa? Did he mentioned that you applying in wrong category?

If not, better to wait for some time, before applying again.
    Last edited by Libra_14; 01-27-2020, 01:49 PM.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

How can it helps us?

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
        What did the VO finally said when he rejected your visa? Did you mentioned that you applying in wrong category?

If not, better to wait for some time, before applying again.
        He didn't say any of that. He just handed over a 214(b) letter.

Comment

I would suggest to wait for sometime, otherwise VO will think that you are desperate to get this visa & keep trying for one or the other reason.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X