Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

23 yrs old. Unemployed. Visitors Visa. Please Read. NEED HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23 yrs old. Unemployed. Visitors Visa. Please Read. NEED HELP!!!

Hi, I'm 23 yrs old and currently looking after my niece (US citizen) here in the PH. My sister (kid's mom) is visiting on the month of MAY to get her kid back to USA. I looked after her daughter 3 yrs of age for almost a year now, my sister was in US Military training. I, on the other hand, applied for a University in Canada for September 2020 school year and currently my agency is working on getting an admission. She wanted me to travel with them back to USA around the month of MAY 2020 because she was scared that if they leave me here PH there might be a negative impact on the kid as she got emotionally attached to me already and for time being they wanted me to be there when they will slowly take her over. They are willing to pay for everything and they want me to start applying now but have no idea.

About my sister:
    She and husband has their own house
    US citizen
    Works in US military
    Willing to provide everything (finances and documents)

About me:
    Medical Technologist ( licensed)
    Graduated 2018
    Currently applying for Canada Student Visa for September 2020 (Health Information Management)
    I also have Admission for Business Ad in SAIT Canada intake September 2020 but not yet enrolled ( can i use the admission letter from the university?)

Any Idea on how will I get Visitors Visa on my case. Thank you very much!!!

Hello Amara, it seems like you’re having problems with your student visa. If that’s the case it might be better for you to reapply for your student visa when you come to America so the university you plan on going to can help you with that. In the meantime you could apply for a B2 visa by filling out the DS-160 form on the government website. it’s a pretty simple process you just fill out the questions they ask you in the form and submit the form online. After you submit the form just go to the embassy in the country you’re filing from online and schedule an appointment from their website. After you schedule your appointment it’s pretty fast all you have to do is go to the B2 interview appointment which is usually scheduled one or two months after you submit the form. However you should be aware that B2 visas are have a high denial rate (nearly 50%) for people that are citizens from countries that are more economically disadvantaged OR B2 visas applied for by people who are not financially independent.

So overall it mostly depends on what country you come from OR how financially independent you are. Having an American sister who’s going to pay for your trip is not beneficial on this form and will probably cause your application to get denied at the interview. The reason for this is the B2 visa is for people who are visiting only for tourism or business and in order to consider you applicable the government wants to ensure that you’re not going to come to America and try to get a job so therefore people who are more financially independent and are more likely to go back to their home country are the ones that get approved for this type of visa. however that once again also depends on the country you come from for example someone who comes from the UK doesn’t have to put as much effort into proving their financially independent as someone coming from Ukraine for example. Because the US government takes into account the economies of these countries when giving the B2 visas and they know someone who comes from a country with a more disadvantaged economy is more likely to try to over stay their visa and try to get a job here.

Another option is to apply for the family visa (I-130) but the problem with that is it takes a long time for a family visa in the sibling category. The typical family visa for a sibling takes around 6 to 9 years. Whereas the typical family visa for a parent, spouse, or underage child takes about one year, as you can see there’s a very big difference.

If you don’t fulfill the qualifications for financial independence (by the way they look at your bank statements as proof of this) or preferred country of origin, then it might be better if you don’t apply for the B2 visa and instead contact the University you plan on studying at and ask them to help you with the student visa application and give you an official invitation letter from the University which might help strengthen your student visa. Hope it all works out for you.

All the best,
    -ifra
    -I work at an immigration firm and thought I’d help this forum with answers from a professional.
    -I can only respond when I have some free time if I don’t respond back just wait a couple days or a few weeks it just means I’m busy with cases in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by ifra View Post
      Hello Amara, it seems like you’re having problems with your student visa. If that’s the case it might be better for you to reapply for your student visa when you come to America so the university you plan on going to can help you with that. In the meantime you could apply for a B2 visa by filling out the DS-160 form on the government website.
      I guess Amara was trying to file for B2 visa only & not student visa.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X