• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist visa for USA won a contest

Hi All,

My us VIsa interview is scheduled for this month of feb,
    so I have some queries related to it.

so let me explain my reason of travel.

so I had won a gaming contest and I got a chance to watch a live event with my 4 family members. so the company which had conducted this contest had gave me a invitation letter which states that they will be sponsoring my air ticket, hotel stay , event ticket, cab to hotel and the event also .( for all my 4 family members)

I am travelling with my wife, my cousin brother and his wife,
    I work as an art director in a bangalore based agency and I earn up to 84k per month, and my wife works in a Mnc company and she earns up to 35k per month.

and the duration of stay will be only 3 days.
    I have a leave letter form my office also as well she do.

just wanted to know how good my chance is bcz all the trip cost will be covered from the client .

and I don’t plan to stay more than 3 days bcz I have my family here and I have a good job here too which I am happy about.

so please advise me how well can I prepare for this ! Bcz I really want to visit this event . It’s a dream come true for me .

and forgot to mention I have a good travel history also .
    i has travelled Singapore(2 times) France, Germany , Italy , Switzerland, Thailand(2 times) and Indonesia .

please advise how can I prepare because I don’t wanna loose this opportunity. .

Well, you have good things going for you. I've experienced that an "invitation letter" or even sponsorship for a tourist b1/b2 visa isn't required and many times they don't want to look at it. They'll look at your circumstances and determine if you have enough to support yourself. You need to show "strong ties to home", which seems like you feel you have enough of. Since there's no glaring red flags, the best advice would be for you to give it a shot and try your luck. A history of traveling to other countries is ok proof, but it's not something that will make or break the deal.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Ok thank you, I have a job here and my parents are also here and they are depended on me and I am travelling with my wife .
      so won’t that be enough to show my strong ties to my country ? And I am just travelling for 3 days . I am very nervous too because I really wanna see this event because it’s a once in a life time opportunity. And I really don’t have any plans to stay there either it’s just I wanted to visit that event and come back to my country that’s it !

Comment

You know, the rules are very subjective of what's "enough" to prove "strong ties to home". You have a good time, you're traveling with your spouse and so on. But they can always things like "what prevents you from never coming back and working on your laptop when you get there?" so, you should go to the interview with a clear message and a simple argument that you're visiting the US. The more cases get complicated, the more prone they are to denial.
        --Good luck--
        Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks so much now that’s gives me a little bit of confidence, bcz without confidence if I go I may fail. And my intention is purely to come back . I am just travelling for 3 days. Can you give me some hint like how can I show them that I will come back? I have my parents here who is fully depended on me and I have a good investment in terms of fd and I have a good job here which I am really happy about ! Does those things helps me ?

Comment

Hi,

my cousin has got his visa approved with his wife for the same contest winning .

Comment

I totally understands your case anyways Good Luck.

Comment

Like what u mean ? Fingers crossed ????! I will get no ?

Comment

Someone please do respond ! Give me some confidence ! It’s just for 3 days visit !

Comment

Originally posted by ajayedge View Post
                    Thanks so much now that’s gives me a little bit of confidence, bcz without confidence if I go I may fail. And my intention is purely to come back . I am just travelling for 3 days. Can you give me some hint like how can I show them that I will come back? I have my TellDunkin parents here who is fully depended on me and I have a good investment in terms of fd and I have a good job here which I am really happy about ! Does those things helps me ?
                    They'll look at your circumstances and determine if you have enough to support yourself. You need to show "strong ties to home", which seems like you feel you have enough of. Since there's no glaring red flags, the best advice would be for you to give it a shot and try your luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X