Applying for B1/B2 after sevis was terminated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for B1/B2 after sevis was terminated

Hello everyone, I was enrolled in a university which had Day 1 cpt from April 2019 until August 2019, it was mandatory to attend the residency weekend but I decided not to attend since I was planning to leave the country as I got my Canadian PR. I tried to withdraw from the university but there was a lot of confusion. My sevis ended up getting terminated and they gave me a grace date to leave the country or apply to a new school. I decided to leave and booked a ticket for the same day , however due to the weather , all flights were cancelled and I ended up sleeping at the airport after flying to another state to try to leave. I eventually flew out the next morning. I've now been in Canada for over 6 months and plan to apply for B1/B2 visa. do you think I could have any issues?

Ive reached out to various people and they said there shouldn't be anything to worry about but I want to know If anyone has been in a similar situation. Please help! Appointment is next month.

Duplicate threads won't help:
    Hello everyone, I was enrolled in a university which had Day 1 cpt from April 2019 until August 2019, it was mandatory to attend the residency weekend but I decided not to attend since I was planning to leave the country as I got my Canadian PR. I tried to withdraw from the university but there was a lot of confusion. My sevis
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X