Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chose B1/B2 instead of B2 and submitted DS-160. Kindly advise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chose B1/B2 instead of B2 and submitted DS-160. Kindly advise.

I am inviting my retired parents over to stay with me for a month in the US. I filled up the DS-160 form for my parents and chose Business & Tourism (Temporary visitor) B1/B2 instead of Tourism Medical treatment /B2. I also submitted both of their forms. I have not paid the fees yet. Only after submitting the forms I realized this mistake.
    (1) Since they are just coming to stay with me and NOT for any business purpose, is this going to be an issue or can I leave it that way and pay the fees and schedule their appt under the B1/B2 category ?
    (2) If its NOT Ok then what option do I have ? Can I re-enter a whole new DS-160 application for both my father and mother and then submit that new application and use that as new application when booking their appointment ? Will the consulate officer notice there is another conflicting application for their names under the B1/B2 category and will this cause problems ?

Please advise
    thanks

Appreciate if somebody could confirm the above 2 questions as I have to take action immediately based on whether I have to submit new applications or book appt with existing applications.

Comment

just create a new application and take appointment with that reference number you won't have any issues

Regards,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X