Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Visa STATUS UNKNOWN

​ Hello
    I applied for B1/B2 Visa in US Embassy,Toronto,Canada and my interview was scheduled for 24 Feb 2020 @ 10 am.
    Everything was going fine during the interview and the immigration officer even told me that "EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE FINE" but suddenly at the end he asked me..." WERE YOU INVOLVED IN DUI, DID U HAD ANY CONVICTIONS?"
    My answer to his question was YES , as I had answered YES while filling out the form DS160 because I was involved in drink and drive case back in New Zealand in 2016, so it was not appropriate to hide this crucial information.
    After the interview he handed over my passport back to me and gave a white page to me stating some medical checkup that I need to go through alongside mentioning something about the section 221(g).
    I asked the immigration officer that what I need to do and how I will come to know about the status of my visa,then he told me to take an appointment with one of the panel physicians mentioned at the back of the page given to me and the doctor will send out the report to the immigration and post that they will give their final decision.
    I an also checking the VISA STATUS on the US EMBASSY WEBSITE which mentions "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING"
    1.I am current a PERMANENT RESIDENT in Canada and this whole scenario has raised my concerns as to what can be the possible outcomes regarding the VISA DECISION to my application?
    2.If they have given me the passport back,how are they suppose to issue me the visa if they approve my visa?
    I will really appreciate any kind of help regarding this matter and I am attaching the document received by me from the immigration as well.
    Starts
    02-24-2020
    Ends
    03-15-2020

Originally posted by Inderpal View Post
    ​ Hello
    I applied for B1/B2 Visa in US Embassy,Toronto,Canada and my interview was scheduled for 24 Feb 2020 @ 10 am.
    Everything was going fine during the interview and the immigration officer even told me that "EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE FINE" but suddenly at the end he asked me..." WERE YOU INVOLVED IN DUI, DID U HAD ANY CONVICTIONS?"
    My answer to his question was YES , as I had answered YES while filling out the form DS160 because I was involved in drink and drive case back in New Zealand in 2016, so it was not appropriate to hide this crucial information.
    After the interview he handed over my passport back to me and gave a white page to me stating some medical checkup that I need to go through alongside mentioning something about the section 221(g).
    I asked the immigration officer that what I need to do and how I will come to know about the status of my visa,then he told me to take an appointment with one of the panel physicians mentioned at the back of the page given to me and the doctor will send out the report to the immigration and post that they will give their final decision.
    I an also checking the VISA STATUS on the US EMBASSY WEBSITE which mentions "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING"
    1.I am current a PERMANENT RESIDENT in Canada and this whole scenario has raised my concerns as to what can be the possible outcomes regarding the VISA DECISION to my application?
    2.If they have given me the passport back,how are they suppose to issue me the visa if they approve my visa?
    I will really appreciate any kind of help regarding this matter and I am attaching the document received by me from the immigration as well.
    Have you had any news regarding your case?

I have heard that Administrative Processing usually takes 2 weeks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X