Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do father and mother need individual copies of supporting documents

Hi
    I am applying for B2 visa for my father and mother. At the time of making visa fee payment, I was able to add my mother as a family member along with my father's application details
    When I paid visa fees using NEFT, it added up fees for both of them and gave me total fee to pay.
    (1) So when I send supporting documents to my parents, do I have to send one set of my documents such as my invitation letter, cover letter, passport copy, bank statements, my GreenCard copy, my W2 , paystubs etc. for my father and another set of the same documents for my mother or if I collectively send just one set of these supporting documents will that be good for the visa application for both of them

(2) I have already paid the fees and am waiting for a proper date to become available prior to scheduling visa interview appointment so that I can get consecutive days for OFC appt and interview appt. So how many days max can I wait after paying the fees in order to book the appointment. If I wait for a few more weeks so that a good appointment date opens up, will that be ok Or is there a rule that within so many days of paying the B2 Visa fees, my parent's appointments has to be scheduled ?

Kindly confirm

Thanks

Originally posted by waavman View Post
    (1) So when I send supporting documents to my parents, do I have to send one set of my documents such as my invitation letter, cover letter, passport copy, bank statements, my GreenCard copy, my W2 , paystubs etc. for my father and another set of the same documents for my mother or if I collectively send just one set of these supporting documents will that be good for the visa application for both of them
    One copy is fine for both of them. However people generally send 2 copies, just in case if VO want to keep it with each application.
    Originally posted by waavman View Post
    (2) I have already paid the fees and am waiting for a proper date to become available prior to scheduling visa interview appointment so that I can get consecutive days for OFC appt and interview appt. So how many days max can I wait after paying the fees in order to book the appointment. If I wait for a few more weeks so that a good appointment date opens up, will that be ok Or is there a rule that within so many days of paying the B2 Visa fees, my parent's appointments has to be scheduled ?
    1 year you can wait or use that receipt for visa interview.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X