Extending B-2 Visitor Visa for already extended B-2 Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extending B-2 Visitor Visa for already extended B-2 Extension

My mother is here in US from China since May 20, 2019 to help take care of my new born child. Her B2 visa has already been extended once to May 1, 2020. Due to Covid-19 pandemic, I am afraid that she may contract the virus on her way back to China. I wonder if I can file another extension for her for another 3-6 months citing Covid-19 as the reason to keep her status valid here for another 3-6 months. Hopefully, by then, Covid-19 is past us here in US and she will return to China.

Any idea?

Thanks!

dc7669

Hello,
    I also have similar situation. did you get any answer for the query?

Comment

I think you can file for another extension, giving reason for Covid & US-China travel.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by kumarkaki View Post
        Hello,
        I also have similar situation. did you get any answer for the query?
        Hi, did they allow you for a second extension? We have the same situation for my mother.

Comment

There is no limit to the number of times status can be extended. Normally, it would be unlikely to be approved for more than once or twice, but it's reasonable to apply for it in the current situation. And regardless of whether it is approved or denied, at least she will be able to legally stay in the US while it is pending for several months.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
            There is no limit to the number of times status can be extended. Normally, it would be unlikely to be approved for more than once or twice, but it's reasonable to apply for it in the current situation. And regardless of whether it is approved or denied, at least she will be able to legally stay in the US while it is pending for several months.

Thank you for your response. We’re just so confused on what to do as people in USCIS have different answers to our question. I guess that’s the best thing to do now, to apply for a second extension. I hope everything goes well.

Again, thank you. Appreciate it.

Comment

Hi,
              My B2 visa is expiring in two days can we still apply for extension as we cannot travel back to home country due to Covid-19 travel restriction. Please advice ?

Comment

Originally posted by SAB_217 View Post
                Hi,
                My B2 visa is expiring in two days can we still apply for extension as we cannot travel back to home country due to Covid-19 travel restriction. Please advice ?
                It just needs to be received before your status (on your I-94) expires. You can file online to make sure it is received immediately.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Hi, We are in the process of extending my mother’s stay (second extension). If someone could help me tell me where I could find the A-Number and USCIS online account number, I’d appreciate it much. Thanks!

Comment

Same situation with me. Would you be able to help me for below queries?

1.Do I need to MANDATORILY mention my name/details, if I am preparing application and interpreting questions (English to native language)?
                      2.How long maximum extended stay I can request for her?
                      3.In "In Care Of Name" in US Mailing Address section - Do I need to MANDATORILY mention my name or it can left blank (her name is not on apartment lease)?

Comment

anybody have any update on the above thread ? did some one applied for extension again, i am in the same boat now as my mother's 1 year is going to be over in July and not sure whether she can travel . so like to extend another 3-6 months?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X