No announcement yet.

Question on the extension of stay for my in-laws on B2 VISA in United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on the extension of stay for my in-laws on B2 VISA in United States

My in-laws are currently in US with me. They entered US on November 20, 2019 and has a valid i94 till May 20th. We had initially booked the return travel ticket for April 15th. They are over 60 years old. Because of the risk associated with corona virus infection during travel and their age, we are not sure if its the right time for her to travel (alone), so we wanted to extend their stay in USA.

Can anyone please help me answering the following questions:

1. What if we are not able to apply before the needed 45 days of i94 date. Will this affect the decision?

2. Is it ok to apply for an extension stating this as the reason. WIll USCIS consider this request?
    3. During the e-Filing is the travel plan document, aka the tickets are mandatory? The problem is I am not able to contact to the corresponding airlines to reschedule the ticket because of the current scenario, hence that might take time.
    4. Do I have to apply two e-filing separately, one for our mother and the other one for father?
    5. As a financial proof, what document I have to provide to USCIS for their extension?

6. What happens if we don't get a response before her i94 end date (May 20th)

7. If approved/rejected, will it affect her future return to US?

Originally posted by argwipit1 View Post
    1. What if we are not able to apply before the needed 45 days of i94 date. Will this affect the decision?
    The last day for your extension application to reach USCIS is their I94 expiry date. There is no such rule of 45 days.
    2. Is it ok to apply for an extension stating this as the reason. WIll USCIS consider this request?
    Certainly.
    3. During the e-Filing is the travel plan document, aka the tickets are mandatory? The problem is I am not able to contact to the corresponding airlines to reschedule the ticket because of the current scenario, hence that might take time.
    No, but its better to provide a tentative dates & return ticket. Keep trying to contact them.
    ​​​​​​​
    4. Do I have to apply two e-filing separately, one for our mother and the other one for father?
    Yes, each individual need an extension.
    ​​​​​​​
    5. As a financial proof, what document I have to provide to USCIS for their extension?
    Not needed though, but your's or your spouse's bank statement should be good enough.
    ​​​​​​​
    6. What happens if we don't get a response before her i94 end date (May 20th)
    Your application should reach before I94 end date, response you can wait (generally it takes 4-6 months for USCIS to respond).
    ​​​​​​​
    7. If approved/rejected, will it affect her future return to US?
    If approved, then no problem as such, but they may be questioned on their next entry.
    If rejected, ensure they leave as soon as you get the response.
    Both scenario, give them a gap of an year or two before their next visit.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Refer this as well : https://www.immihelp.com/forum/visas...i94-valid-date
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Any idea if the fees of the B2 VISA extension can be waived as they are stuck due to the corona virus situation?

Comment

Hi, can anyone please confirm if biometric fee is applicable for doing the B-2 VISA extension for my parents ? Because their travel plans are impacted by COVID-19 situation.
          Last edited by argwipit1; 04-05-2020, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Can I signup uscis online account and file 1539 online form for my mother and mother-in-law ? (b2 extension on behalf of mother and mother and mother-in-law)

Comment

Originally posted by Satheeshmn View Post
              Can I signup uscis online account and file 1539 online form for my mother and mother-in-law ? (b2 extension on behalf of mother and mother and mother-in-law)
              Certainly.

Comment

What happens if I leave the US before my I-539 application to extend status is approved? I filed my I-539 application to extend my B1 status. The application is still in progress. What happens if I return to India while the I-539 extension is still pending with USCIS?

Comment

Hi, did you apply for extension and was it approved ?

I my looking forward to applyfor my mother , just wanted to gather some info.

Comment

Originally posted by subhajit1985 View Post
                    What happens if I leave the US before my I-539 application to extend status is approved? I filed my I-539 application to extend my B1 status. The application is still in progress. What happens if I return to India while the I-539 extension is still pending with USCIS?
                    Nothing, just keep an copy of application & its response handy upon your next visit. You may be questioned upon your next entry, that why did you stayed beyond your I94 expiry & you'll need to provide reference o I539 & its result.
                    Originally posted by Dishasc16 View Post
                    Hi, did you apply for extension and was it approved ?
                    I my looking forward to applyfor my mother , just wanted to gather some info.
                    What information you need?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X