Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 extension of stay due to COVID-19

Hello All,

My in-laws I-94 date is expiring in May and I am filing an extension of stay for them due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
    I looked through some posts on the same topic and started to file I-539 online (separately) for my in-laws.
    At the very end, I'm seeing the total fee as 455 (370 application fee+ 85 for biometrics). Do I have to do anything to get an appointment for biometrics?

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

As I understand it, they cannot file two people under the same case if they do it online, so they have to do it separately, which will cost $370+85+370+85. If they file by mail, they can do it under one case and pay $370+85+85.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Very terrible illness - covid

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
        As I understand it, they cannot file two people under the same case if they do it online, so they have to do it separately, which will cost $370+85+370+85. If they file by mail, they can do it under one case and pay $370+85+85.
        Hi Newacct,

Since the USCIS offices are temporarily closed, is it a good idea to do a paper application or do the online application (two separate accounts) for an I-94 that is expiring on May 11?

With the offices being closed, I don't think I will get a receipt number for paper application before May 11. If I do the online application, I'm assuming I might get the receipt number.

Any thoughts?
        Last edited by sr4; 04-22-2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X