B2 Visa Extension. Impact on GC ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa Extension. Impact on GC ??

Hi , My mother-in-law came to USA with B2 On Nov-29-2019 and her 6 months stay will end by May 29. .With this current COVID-19 Situation I am planing to extended her stay.
    My GC is in progress and my I-485 has been applied and in pending.. Under these circumstance will there be any impact on my GC if I apply for her B2 Extension.
    The below are the questions that I am seeing in I-539 form (part 4) and not sure either I need to answer Yes/No.

1. Are you, or any other person included on the application, an applicant for an immigrant visa ? yes/ No
    2. Has an immigrant petition EVER been filed for you or for any other person included in this application ? Yes/ No
    3.Has Form I-485, application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust status, Ever Been filed by you or by any other person Included in this application? Yes/ No

Thanks.
    RRKSM

Originally posted by newacct
    She should NOT apply for B2 Extension of Status.
    1. It is not necessary and a waste of money. She can stay in the US for as long as I-485 is pending.
    2. It would require her to lie as B2 extension of status requires a statement about her plans to leave, and she doesn't plan to leave.
    I think GC is applied for RRKSM & not for her mother-in-law who is on B2 & her stay need to be extended before May 29th.

Originally posted by rrksm View Post
    1. Are you, or any other person included on the application, an applicant for an immigrant visa ? yes/ No
    2. Has an immigrant petition EVER been filed for you or for any other person included in this application ? Yes/ No
    3.Has Form I-485, application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust status, Ever Been filed by you or by any other person Included in this application? Yes/ No
    Say no for all 3 questions, since she is not part of your I485.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X