is visa void when extension is denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is visa void when extension is denied

I have my mom at tourist visa (b2) staying with me and i94 will expiry very soon but she can't leave now due to Covid.

If she applies for extension of stay for tourist visa and say after 3 months it gets denied , does it void her tourist visa (of 10 years), even if she returns to back home immediately (at that time flights will be there)?

what happens if things get well and she leaves before visa extension deny decision is made. does it also void her tourist visa? is there a way to even check that?

If she leaves before a decision is made on her Extension of Status, her visa is not voided.

If the Extension of Status is denied, and she is still in the US on the date of the denial, her visa will be voided, even if she leaves immediately when she receives the notice.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Code:
      If she leaves before a decision is made on her Extension of Status, her visa is not voided.
      does that also mean that, even before biometrics appointment scheduled, if she leaves, that's ok?

Comment

Originally posted by 1wandersoul34 View Post
        does that also mean that, even before biometrics appointment scheduled, if she leaves, that's ok?
        yes

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X