Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Info on getting visitor Visa

Hello everyone,

Me and my brother both have US greencard, my brother got his greencard through marriage which ended 3 years back, his wife is in India and he wants to apply her for green card but since there is a limitation that he has to wait until 5 years to start his application, he is thinking of applying for her visitor visa so that she can visit him until he applies for her immigration.

I need advice on this situation, we are having a family function in another couple of months, so can my brother apply for his wife's visitor visa directly ? if yes then what are the chances of rejection as office would know that he is in USA with a greencard.

second option would be , Can I apply for my sister in law's visitor visa so that she can attend our family function ?

we are in dilemma, please provide your recommendations.

She can apply for her visitor visa. She just need to prove that she has strong ties to her home country & would not miss-use the visitor visa & surely return upon completing of her said visit.

Since your brother is married now, that might be a risk, because it shows her intent to stay in USA longer or permanently.
    Last edited by Libra_14; 06-28-2020, 09:21 PM.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

so in that case , is it better that I apply for my sister - in - laws visitor visa or my brother should apply it ?

Comment

Doesn't matter - Best would be to have her self-sponsor her visit & submit the application herself (do not sponsor).

At any rate, there is a question in DS160, if you have any immediate relative in USA & she has to answer about her husband - you can't hide the truth that she is married to an PR holder.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you for the advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X