Covid Travel Restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid Travel Restrictions

Can an Indian citizen who already has a multiple entry tourist visa enter the U.S. right now? I've read different things.

yes, as long as they travel to the US by air, and they have not been physically present in (including not transiting through) Mainland China, Iran, the Schengen Area, the UK, Ireland, or Brazil in the last 14 days

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      yes, as long as they travel to the US by air, and they have not been physically present in (including not transiting through) Mainland China, Iran, the Schengen Area, the UK, Ireland, or Brazil in the last 14 days
      I see there are only select flights. I'm reading they are Vande Bharat repatriation flights. Will an Indian citizen be able to take one of these flights for the purposes of tourism? I tried contacting United and got no response. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Take United..... They only care if you have a valid visa.
        Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I have a friend who is in a similar situation. His sister in India passed away yesterday. He doesn't have his H1 extension stamped on his passport. If he flys to India, he doesn't know when he can get his passport stamped in India. Instead he is looking into getting his Parents in India to come to the US. If he can't bring them to US, He may have to leave for India. He is in a deli-ma.

Comment

Originally posted by Kartheg View Post
            I have a friend who is in a similar situation. His sister in India passed away yesterday. He doesn't have his H1 extension stamped on his passport. If he flys to India, he doesn't know when he can get his passport stamped in India. Instead he is looking into getting his Parents in India to come to the US. If he can't bring them to US, He may have to leave for India. He is in a deli-ma.
            Although he is not subject to the ban on H/J/L visas since he was in the US on June 24, there are rumors that consulates are refusing to issue H1b visas to such people anyway, so if he leaves the US that might mean he is stuck outside until at least the end of the year.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kartheg View Post
              He can travel to India with the expectation of not returning till the EO is lifted on Jan 01, 2021
              Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
                Will customs in the US ask why are you traveling for tourism during covid? How should they answer?

Comment

Originally posted by pateljr5 View Post

Will customs in the US ask why are you traveling for tourism during covid? How should they answer?
                  Just tell the truth. If they are visiting their children or grandkids, just say so.
                  Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

right now there are some restrictions

A US Tourist Visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows foreigners to enter the United States. The purpose can be either for business, tourism or both. Know more.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X