Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting married in USA to a girl who has a b2 visa

Hi there,
    I was looking for some advice on getting married in the US to a girl who has a b2 visa. Right now we both live together abroad for around 6 years but wanted to make a move to USA and get our life started over there. We understand we can go the k1 route but because we are connected at the hip we would like to know if there was a way around that by getting married in America while she is on the b2 visa then applying for adjustment of status there.

From my research I see there are some risks with intent especially if we rush it before 60 days. Has anyone of you actually successfully got the process done? Is it more of a sure case if we were to get an immigration attorney involved?

Really thanks a lot for any help or guidance, its really appreciated.

It’s illegal to enter using the tourist visa with intent to adjust status. Don’t do it, and I recommend against asking how to commit immigration fraud on this forum.

Either go the K1 route, or marry and apply for the spousal visa.
    Canadian on F-1 married to USC (SSM)
    Field office: Manhattan/NYC

09/21/2019: Delivered to Chicago
    09/25/2019: Fees charged
    09/30/2019: Case received
    10/04/2019: Biometrics appt received
    10/15/2019: Fingerprints taken
    10/16/2019: Fingerprint review complete
    11/14/2019: Ready to be scheduled

Comment

The short answer is: yes, you can get married in the US while on a B-1/B-2 tourist visa or on a visa waiver program. There is nothing in the regulations that say individuals who are in the US as visitors cannot get married.

tellpizzahut
      Last edited by Longvieww; 01-26-2021, 06:02 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X