Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa - Limited Stay ReEntering USA

Hi,

My Mother and Brother In Law came last year to USA on B2 Visa during Aug 2020 and they did not have any return ticket at that time because the flights were limited and Air india released scheduled only for 2months at a time.
    Since my Brother in Law was 15years at that time he was questioned at port of entry asking whether his intention was to enter USA and stay here illegally as he did not have any return tickets.
    The CBP Officer said them to leave and my brother in law was threatened that his visa is going to cancelled.
    Later when my mother in law told that they have came here to see their daughter as she is undergoing a treatment, the officer gave them 45 days with a limited stay seal stamped.
    Later we applied for a Extension of stay (I-539) for both of them but they went back to india before the requested date itself due to an emergency on Dec 2020.

They have a plan to visit USA again now on April 2021, Any Idea on whether this time my brother in law wil have an problem at port of entry even if he carries a return ticket with him?

Each time someone tries to enter into USA, they need to prove that they will return back to their home country.

Since they has limited stay stamp on their passport, why did you extended their stay - its exactly what they didn't wanted you to do? Did you consulted any attorney?
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X