Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa slots for family attending my graduation ceremony

Hi,

I was an international student in the US from India, I graduated in May and currently working. I have my graduation ceremony in December. I had an intention of inviting my family (5 members) to the US for my graduation ceremony, we filled out DS-160, and are about to pay the visa fee but we are unsure if the family will get a visa slot before December and if they appear for the interview after my graduation date, will it complicate the whole process. Also, have any of the group members gotten any visa appointment slots anywhere across India. I would greatly appreciate any response on this case.

Thanks

you should check on the embassy's website. they will not give your relatives head of line privileges just because you want them to....and attending a grad ceremony is not a life and death issue that would justify an expedited appointment,

Comment

Originally posted by bbroy View Post
      Hi,

I was an international student in the US from India, I graduated in May and currently working. I have my graduation ceremony in December. I had an intention of inviting my family (5 members) to the US for my graduation ceremony, we filled out DS-160, and are about to pay the visa fee but we are unsure if the family will get a visa slot before December and if they appear for the interview after my graduation date, will it complicate the whole process. Also, have any of the group members gotten any visa appointment slots anywhere across India. I would greatly appreciate any response on this case.

Thanks
      Hi Member,
      In my opinion, getting visa slot in December and travelling in the same month will make much complications. Few have booked visa slot in Delhi on 9th for December first week. But past two days, we could not able to capture any dates.
      Only one thing you can do is, Please try.
      All the best.
      Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X