Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 extension denied can i re enter

Hi,
    i entered usa in feb 2014 on b1/b2 and timely filed for extension for 6 months. My lawyer did not provide any reason for extension and they denied it on dec 2014. i filed for motion to reopen the case and the new lawyer did not submit it timely. In the meanwhile i applied for asylum on jan 2015. I took canada Pr in 2019 and my asylum was pending until then. I took voluntary departure. Now i am in canada and want to visit usa to meet my in laws. Will i be able to re enter on my old b1/b2. I am not able to get an appointment for new b1/b2 in canada as the wait times are more than 450 days.

Thanks

No, your visa was automatically voided under INA 222(g) as you were still in the US when your Extension of Stay was denied. You would have to apply for a new visa. Or maybe your in-laws can meet you in Canada?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you newacct! Exactly what I needed to know.
      wordle solver python
      Last edited by rosinamello; 06-12-2022, 11:19 PM.

Comment

I have my visa interview in London on Tuesday morning just went to print the significant archives including the Confirmation of Nonimmigrant Visa application more info went to print the important records including the Confirmation of Nonimmigrant Visa application DS-160 and all the data is in Polish as opposed to English.
        Last edited by cowboy87; 05-21-2022, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Many thanks, newacct! What I needed to know, exactly. octordle

Comment

Canadaprhelp were you able to re-enter US? I heard that if you leave voluntarily, you are banned for 10 years. Is this true?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X