No announcement yet.

Visitor visa renewal question when I-539 Application To Extend case was denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa renewal question when I-539 Application To Extend case was denied

Hi,
    My mom came to USA on February 26, 2020. Her authorized period of stay was until August 25, 2020. Due to Pandemic i applied for her stay extension (I-539 Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status) on July 5, 2020 for another 6 months. Her first biometrics was scheduled on 11/25/2020 which she attended. But there was no response from USCIS. Since the six months period was coming to an end, she departed the United States on February 23, 2021. After she left, we received another biometrics appointment which is scheduled on June 15, 2021. I sent a message in the case account on behalf of my mother stating that she left to India and request to cancel the appointment. But they didnt accept my request as i wasn't the subject. Her Case Was Denied on April 6, 2022.

Her visitor visa is expiring on July 2022 and i'm applying for her visitor visa renewal (DS-160 form). I would like to know what should i select for the below question.
    "Has your US VISA ever been cancelled or revoked?"

Could someone guide me on this? Should i select "YES" or "NO"? Is case denied for extension of stay consider as "visa cancellation or visa revoke"? Please help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X