Israel A4 vs A1 visa issue - urgent help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel A4 vs A1 visa issue - urgent help needed

I applied for an oleh visa and filled out a permanent resident/immigration visa application and received an A4 visa. I do not know why this is since an A4 visa is for married couples an minors in Israel and I am not married and I am not a minor. I was recommended for the law of return in Israel under clause A4 after the aliyah interview since the rabbi letter I gave them said I was the son of a Jewish father and Jewish grandparents. However I gave them the immigration/permanent resident's application, which they now have, and indicated I am not married and so thought I was supposed to get the A1 visa. However, they gave me the A4 visa. If the Israeli consulate has copies of my materials, what should I do to fix this?

Is there anyway the A4 can be changed to A1 given that the consulate has my application for a permanent resident's visa? I intend to work in a salaried position as a post doc in an Israeli university and I need a visa that allows me to do this. I applied for an A1 visa and gave them the immigrant/permanent resident application with health and entry exit forms from the aliyah interview. The aliyah recommendation as I said listed clause 4A, being the son of Jewish parents, under law of return. So why would I have been given an A4 visa and is there any way to fix this?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X