Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visitor Visa Extension Approval Letter Lost -Airlines Declined to board because of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Extension Approval Letter Lost -Airlines Declined to board because of it

Hi all,
    My mom visited us in the year 2005. She got 10 year multiple entry visa. We extended her I_94 in Nebraska service centre. Her extension was approved. Unfortunately we didn't know that we would need the extension approval letter again and we didn't save it properly. My mom went to board the flight yesterday and Air India declined to check her in or issue boarding pass and told her that she needs to show extension approval letter. She went back home :-( Now, my question is how do I get a copy of extension approval letter? The above post talks about G_639 and when I called USCIS officer, he told me to file I-824. But, the problem with I-824 is that the estimated process time is 3 months. I want my mom to come in summer time so, that would be too long of a time to wait. Is there any quicker process? Please let me know your comments/suggestions/experiences.

Naren24, you didn't post to say if you got the copy of extension approval notice or not. Please let me know if going through G_639 worked for you and if you would recommend that process?

Thanks,
    Anitha

Please update us on what you ended up doing and how it worked out for you.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi Anitha,
      My mother also lost her B2 extension approval notice 10 years back and now on renewal of B2 visa , consulate wants a proof of legal stay. All that we have is a receipt number . Could you please let me know what is the process you had to follow for getting a copy of the approved B2 extension.

Appreciate your help .
      Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X