Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Visa Extension approved and next arrival to USA

Hi,

I have 10 years multiple entry B1/B2 visa and my first trip was for 3 months in 2005 year begining.

In my second trip which from Oct 2005, I have been given one month only on i-94. As in the last minute my schedule is prolonged for another 4 months, I applied for I-94 extension with the schedule and the same got approved.

I am planning to return to India as per my schedule .

I am looking for clarifications on the following.

1. Any POE Problems while entering to U.S. again in a couple of months?
    2. What should be the minimum gap between two trips?

Anyone can please share your thoughts

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by murthychn; 01-25-2006, 07:57 PM. Reason: to make the subject more simple and readable for everyone.

Multiple entry visaholders think that they can come back anytime to US upto their visa expiry. Remember anyone who stays more time in US on any given year than their origin country, putting risk on their re- entry. Those who stays more days in US than their home country is not qualified as a visitor! as per POE.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you very much for the information.

Thanks
      Last edited by murthychn; 01-25-2006, 07:58 PM. Reason: to make matter more simple

Comment

Clarification on the stay of period in a year/across the years on B1 Visa

Hi,

If a person stays across the years like from Oct 05 to March 06, will the POE officer will consider the number of days of stay in 2005 and 2006 seperately?

OR

Will they compare the total period of stay in the home country and in U.S. for the period from the first trip to the current at the time of arrival?

Can anyone please clarify the above point?

Thanks

Comment

Don't make things more complicated.

It does not matter whether the calendar year was crossed while staying in the US or not.

If the person tries to spend more time in US compared to outside US, that person is not tourist. And that is the problem if he/she entered on tourist visa.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Follow the immigration rules for trouble free re entry.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X