Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visitor visa extension granted but with wrong date

Hi,

My mother in law was visiting us since Jun 2018 when my sister in law fell sick. We applied for a visa extension in Nov 2018 and asked for a new date of May 2019. But my husband when he put in the paperwork provided an air ticket as proof for Feb 2019 though he did ask for an extension till May 2019. Originally we had thought my sister in law would be fine and that my mother in law could leave in Feb. But as it turned out, that was not the case. Yesterday, USCIS sent out a notice that the extension was granted till Feb 2019. Well...she is still in the US.What are our choices? Does she need to fly out immediately or can we apply for another extension till May. what is the grace period to leave in this case? I would really appreciate if anybody could tell me

Thanks

If the extension was till Feb 2019, then she is already accruing unauthorized stay. She should fly out immediately & be ready for questions if she tries to enter USA again soon.

An extension (539) can only be filed before the expiry of current I94 to extend an valid stay - right now her I94 is already expired & "extension" of stay cannot be filed for her.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Please my Dad and Grandma are both in Minnesota and I want to go for their birthday during the summer holiday. This is my first time please what type of visa should I apply for and how do I go about it... thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Odenoresam View Post
        Please my Dad and Grandma are both in Minnesota and I want to go for their birthday during the summer holiday. This is my first time please what type of visa should I apply for and how do I go about it... thank you
        Do not hijack other's thread.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X