Visitor Visa extension for parents from India who is 75+ yrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa extension for parents from India who is 75+ yrs

Hi, my firm has filed AOS for me and waiting for same, my PD is Mar 2018 under EB1C. However, cause of Retrogression, it seems it may take somewhere between 12-18 months, though not sure on this. However, my parents back in India are getting to age, where they need my support. Both are 75+ now. What could be done? I know on visitor visa, they can't stay for more than 6 months (they have visited me last year - 2018).
    What are the other legit options? My Mom has lot of family members in Canada, will going to CA for few weeks will help return them to US for another 6 months? example: they stay in US for 6 months, before expiring that period move to CA for few weeks and stay in US for another 6 months. Is this feasible long term? I know we can extend visitor visa (few friends did it) to extend their parents visitor visa for an year, however not sure how many times it can get extended? And will that impact my AOS application?

First of all , their visits/extensions etc, wont have any impact on your AOS - so feel free.

I would suggest to have them visit USA now, after 6 months file for their EOS for another 6 months. Then have them visit Canada for sometime then have them try to reenter (they might be questioned at the max, but you can submit legitimate reason, for example to continue some medical treatment in USA etc.)

Lastly, if you get your AOS done by that time, you can file for their GC & they can continue to stay.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

You can learn mo details at government sites for more details.

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for a temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (visa category B-1), for tourism (visa category B-2), or for a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2).
      I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X