Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa extension - change date

Hello

We have applied for extension of Visitor visa for my mother-in-law and is currently being processed. Initially she decided to stay until Sep 4 and we have attached her return ticket along with her application. Now due to some circumstances, we want her to stay for another month and just wondering on how we can update the application requesting USCIS to extend her visa with new date.

I would not suggest doing that (neither updating the current application nor applying for another extension).. It will risk her future visits.

Though legally until her response for extension comes, she can stay. So if you don't get response by Oct, she can stay legally.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks for the reply sir, We do not want to risk by waiting for approval. We are looking to find a way to update her existing application.

Do you know how we can update the existing application with new date?

Comment

Thats what I said, They ways are to request for updating current application or file for another extension - consult an attorney to update current application.

Both ways are equally risky.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Hi
          I applied for naturalization (form N-400) few months ago. I passed the biometrics and the interview and now I am waiting for the oath of allegiance ceremony. I know that I can not be citizen witjouth the Oath. My mother is visiting me for 6 months on a visitor Visa, I was planning to apply for adjustment of status ( form I-485) after I get my citizenship so she can be a permanent resident and stay here in the U.S. the problem is that her tourist visa is ending soon and she has to leave the country in less than a month at the same time , I am not citizen yet and the oath of allegiance probably will take 2 month at least . My question, can I apply for extension of stay ( form I - 539 ) so my mother would be able to stay for additional 6 months, during that period I would be able to get my citizenship so I can apply for adjustment of status ( form i- 485) or is it considered a fraud ? I want everything to be legal, no fraud no scam.
          Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Anthonyserafino88 View Post
            Hi
            I applied for naturalization (form N-400) few months ago. I passed the biometrics and the interview and now I am waiting for the oath of allegiance ceremony. I know that I can not be citizen witjouth the Oath. My mother is visiting me for 6 months on a visitor Visa, I was planning to apply for adjustment of status ( form I-485) after I get my citizenship so she can be a permanent resident and stay here in the U.S. the problem is that her tourist visa is ending soon and she has to leave the country in less than a month at the same time , I am not citizen yet and the oath of allegiance probably will take 2 month at least . My question, can I apply for extension of stay ( form I - 539 ) so my mother would be able to stay for additional 6 months, during that period I would be able to get my citizenship so I can apply for adjustment of status ( form i- 485) or is it considered a fraud ? I want everything to be legal, no fraud no scam.
            Thank you
            You can legally request for extension of stay, but before filing 485. Once her 485 is filed then you cannot file 539.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X