Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension B2 stay for my mom

Hi,

My mom arrived 2 days ago from Brazil to visit us.
    It is her 4th time here, she usually stays 4-5 months to spend time with my kids (4 years old and 20 months old).

This time immigration was very strict to her and only granted her 28 days to stay.

During the questioning her asked questions about her stay and her leave.

She came with a round trip, return for February 2020. I also bought her a travel health insurance with expiration on the same date of her flight to return to Brazil.

I am filling a I539 extension for her stay (b2 visa) and want to make sure I provide all the information to clarify that she has all intentions to return to her home country and that her stay is only to spend time with our family, specially my kids since they are so young.

Question:
    - How much should I explain on the letter? Should I mention her past visits?
    - Should I fill a I134 (affidavit) for her? When she comes we sponsor her financially.
    - What are the chances of being rejected?

First and last time she came I was about to give birth so her reason to travel was to help me.
    Thank you

One should try to avoid misusing B2 visa, but making USA a second home. It is for visit only & should be treated that way only. Frequent & long visits will cause this type of problems for sure.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X