Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-539 - Submitted application with current ticket

Hello,

We have applied for extension of stay for my father in law .
    Date of I 94 expiry: 12/03/2019
    Current return ticket: 11/20/2019
    Extension applied: 10/05/2019
    New request date : 03/31/2020

Fingerprinting was completed 11/01/2019. However, we were reading online and realized we need to attach the future return ticket with the new extended date and not the current one.
    1. Will this get our application denied?
    2. Can we simply upload evidence of the new return ticket after purchasing it online to our application which has "Upload evidence"?
    3. If this is too complicated should we consider original departure of 11/20/2019 to avoid any future problems for entry in case application would be denied?

Our application is still pending and current processing at our service center is for 06/2019. Thank you very much for your help and advise

If it is not really required for him to stay in USA, better to have him go back to his home country & return after sometime - its always better for future visits.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you very much for your prompt response!

1. Should we withdraw the application if we decide to use the original return date and have him go back?
      2. In the other scenario, if we decide to wait, should I have to wait for RFE or is there a way to file for some sort of an amendment to the original petition to include the new return ticket. Also do they expect proof of ties to home country? We just mentioned about property and family in India and wanting to visit more places here as a reason

Thanks again!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X