Mothe stay extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothe stay extension

I applied for my mother extension 30 days back and finished biometric on 11/26. Her return Ticket is on 12/08/19 and her i94 expires on 12/12/19 visa expires in 2022. As i already applied for i539 extension for 1 more month stay as we have my baby 1st birthday on Dec ending.
    Date of I 94 expiry: 12/12/2019
    Current return ticket: 12/08/2019
    Extension applied: 11/05/2019
    Biometric finished: 11/26/2019
    New request date : 01/12/2020

1) can she stay for 25 days more as we applied for i539 Until we get the decision and return immediately if decision is denied ??

2) How long can she stay on i539 application pending ??

3) if she stay during application pending ? will her visa gets cancelled for next time travel ?

Originally posted by nick1913 View Post
    1) can she stay for 25 days more as we applied for i539 Until we get the decision and return immediately if decision is denied ??
    She can certainly stay in USA, awaiting 539 response.
    If the extension is approved later, then there is no problem.
    But if that is denied, then her stay after her current I94 expiry will be questioned upon next entry into USA.
    2) How long can she stay on i539 application pending ??
    Not 100% sure, but she can stay for 240 days awaiting response of I539.
    3) if she stay during application pending ? will her visa gets cancelled for next time travel ?
    No, she might just be questioned on next entry & she will need to provide proof of extension application submission on time & its response.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

For some circumstansces, we wanted to have an extension on our visa (I-539). But we don't want to wait too much time for the answer of the extension. We would like to know, if we already sent the request,(40 days before the time that we have to pass get done) in how many time approximately will we have an answer? We don't want that the time that we have to pass in the country get expired without the answer that we're waiting for. If this happen, what should we do?

Comment

FYI update case is approved Till 01/04/2020 and my mom left on same Day. so Hope everything is good

Comment

Congrats on getting the approval. Very soon I may need to file an extension for my parents, did you do file the extension on your own? Was the whole task difficult especially the written letter?

Comment

Originally posted by soniadhiyani View Post
            Congrats on getting the approval. Very soon I may need to file an extension for my parents, did you do file the extension on your own? Was the whole task difficult especially the written letter?
            can you email me? even i have to file the extension same boat. [email protected] my email id

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X