Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COS from B2 to F1 or H1B which one to choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COS from B2 to F1 or H1B which one to choose?

I entered US on September 19th 2021 on b2 visa and my I94 expires on March 18th 2022. I plan to extend my stay in US for studying or work purpose. For that I have received an i20 from a university and I plan to apply for COS from B1 to F1 visa. Subsequently, I would like to file for H1B process and hypothetically if my application is picked in lottery. I would like to file for COS from B1 to H1 visa. But the result of H1B lottery will be declared by March 31st or later till then my i94 will already get expired. Assuming my COS file of B2 to F1 visa is still pending with USCIS. Will they entertain another COS I539 application for B2 to H1B visa if I wish to work here in US?? Also, how can I maintain a valid B2 i94 "admit until date" to October 1st 2022 in case if I want to legally work in US on H1b.

What do you suggest please let me know...shall I choose the option of B2 to F1 visa COS or B2 to H1 visa COS....what are my chances of my success rate in both the routes.

I will appreciate your guidance here....

Many thanks.

Do you have an employer with an LCA that is willing to petition for you? It is the employer who actually enters you into the lottery.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X