Clarifications regarding policy renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarifications regarding policy renewal

I am looking for comprehensive insurance for my parents (under 70) that covers pre-existing conditions.
    I would prefer the one associated with reputed PPO with good network esp. Raleigh, NC

1. How is policy policy premium decided on renewal for month to month renewal?
    Wil the premium be same as what i am going to pay for the first time? or does it increase or decrease in the subsequent month?
    Is there any disadavantage of going for month to month renewal because i am not sure of their stay duration? Looks like effective premium is not very different

2. Apart from Atleas America...any other recommendation.
    3. Will Insubuy provide any support in case of any dispute if i buy my insurance through Insubuy?
    4. Based on your experience and expense levels, any recommendation on popular coverage levels (polcy max, deductibel etc) that most people opt for?

Atlas policy say : coinsurance 100/0
    Deductibe: 250
    This means any expense above 250 will be covered by Atlas America. Please confirm
    Even in case of continued policy renewal, if 250 is used in the first month, subsequent months will have zero deductible

5. Does Atlas America covers Road/Vehicle Accident injuries?

Thank you
    Last edited by TYX123; 12-08-2012, 01:21 PM. Reason: Addition of one more point

You have indicated your preference for Atlas America. Therefore, I will provide the answers for Altas America because that would allow me to give more accurate answers to your questions, rather than in general.

Question (i) prior to #1.
    Please note that any visitors insurance plans, if there is any, the coverage is for acute onset of pre-existing conditions, and not blanket coverage for any pre-existing condition in any case. Please read the brochure at https://www.insubuy.com/atlas-americ...cal-insurance/

Question (ii) prior to #1.
    Atlas America participates in reputed PPO networks such as First Health, PHCS etc. that have wide network of providers all across the U.S. You can search for the providers in your area at https://www.insubuy.com/hccmis-ppo-network/

Atlas America is renewable up to 364 days. Whether you go month by month, or purchase for the entire duration, your total premium will be the same, as long as you don't jump into the next age group (50-59, 60-64, 65-69 etc.). Premium is per day multipled by the number of days you would like.

If you may jump to the next age group in the middle of the insurance, it is advisable to either purchase or renew before you jump to the next age group.

Every time you renew, there is $5 renewal fee. Other than that, there is no additional cost.

You can purchase Atlas America insurance at https://www.insubuy.com/atlasamerica-insurance/

Most other renewable plans work in very similar way.

Another good one for your needs is Liaison Continent. Please look at https://www.insubuy.com/safe-travels...ive-insurance/ For higher policy maximum, the coverage for acute onset of pre-existing conditions is higher in Liaison Continent. That is, up to $100,000 for $1,000,000 policy maximum.

Answer to your question #1 remains the same in Liaison Continent as well (except it is renewable up to 187 days).

Absolutely. We, as a broker, work solely for you and not for any particular insurance company. We help you choose the best plan for your needs. We provide support during the policy duration and most importantly, if there is any problem with the claim, we are on your side and will help to the most extent possible. And we have always done that for more than a decade we have been in business. If required, we will take the matter up to the executive management level (President, Vice President etc. of the insurance company) to settle the matters. Of course, the claim should be eligible claim. (If some claim is obvisouly non payable and it is very clear easily, there is nothing any one can do.)

We are open 7 days a week and the phone calls are answered by experienced and licensed insurance professionals in the US, not any random call center staff.
    In fact, we are open for much longer than the insurance company itself, which is open from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.

The best thing is, there is no difference in price. You get additional services at no extra cost to you. There is absolutely no disadvantage.

Please look at the first FAQ of https://www.insubuy.com/visitors-medical-insurance/

Additionally, we do many other things to help you such as
    * Our own Atlas America online application is much easier, clearer and friendly than their own.
    * We send renewal reminders
    * We manually check whether your address is correct so that you get your ID card etc. promptly. (At least 20-25% of customers don't know how to write their address correctly).

Your deductible is annual. Therefore, once you pay the deductible, you don't have to pay it again as long as you renew the policy without any gap in coverage.

However, there may be some additional payments in few cases such as
    A. If you go to an emergency room for a sickness for you are not admitted in the hospital, additional $200 co-pay. (Go to Urgent care instead, if suitable, where there is only $50 copay and no deductible/coinsurance.)
    B. If you go out of the PPO network or the provider does not bill directly, 20% for first $5,000 in eligible medical expenses.
    C. As pharmacy has no PPO network (true in all visitors insurance plans), according to 4B, you pay 20% for first $5,000 in eligible medical expenses.
    etc.

Just like all other visitors insurance plans, Atlas America covers injuries and accidents. However, just like all other visitors insurance plans, it is secondary to any other insurance that may be applicable in a given situation. Therefore, if a claim can first be filed with the auto insurance company, for example, you need to first file claim there and if it is not covered there or not covered enough, you can file claim with Atlas America. (For example, if it is the other party's fault, you need to first file claim with that party's auto liability insurance.)

I hope that answers all of your questions.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here or contact us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X