Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Insurance for pre-existing health conditions

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any insurance plans that support pre-existing health conditions like diabetes, High Blood Pressure and Kidney Transplantation etc in USA?

My parents are planning to visit me in USA for only 2 months and my mother and father are both diabetic but my father maintains it and never had any issue and takes only 1 tablet a day he is 65 years of age where as my mother is 54 years old and she takes insulin daily, has High blood pressure and also had kidney transplantation done 6 years back.

Please suggest best insurance plans for my parents during their visit to USA.

Thanks!

The best coverage you can possibly get regarding pre-existing conditions is for 'Acute onset of pre-existing conditions'. That means some unforeseen emergency occuring all of sudden without any prior warning and you get treatment in the next 24 hours. There is no plan that would cover routine maintenance or treatment related to pre-existing conditions.

Please look at the following plans:
    Liaison Continent Insurance
    Atlas America Insurance

Please feel free to post here or contact us at any time if you have any additional questions.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

It is highly unlikely to be covered, but you can check Insubuy.com
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you Insubuy and Kabkaba, I will check the plans provided below and also contact Insubuy for any clarifications.

FYI - My parents will come with complete checkup from existing doctors who is taking care now and get the medicines for 3 months from India but I want to be on safer side to take best insurance plan and can go to hospital in case of emergencies,

Thanks for your help!

Comment

The best solution for you will be to get an international travel medical policy. Some companies offer them even for pre-existing health conditions (additional fees apply of course). Check out https://www.insubuy.com/
          Last edited by VelynBuf; 09-13-2013, 05:01 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X