• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents insurance for two months

Insubuy,

This is the last suggestion you had given me :

Originally posted by insubuy View Post
    For persons of the age below 70 years,
    Atlas America covers up to $50,000 in acute onset of pre-existing conditions: https://www.insubuy.com/atlasamerica-insurance/
    Liaison Continent covers up anywhere from $50,000 to $100,000 in acute onset of pre-existing conditions, based on the overall policy maximum chosen: https://www.insubuy.com/safe-travels...ive-insurance/
    For medical insurance of my spouse, I pushed my company like anything and since none of the benefit administrators has worked with alien workers before, I took it on myself to educate them around H4 visa, and, finally was able to make them pass a policy for alien workers ! I wonder if alien workers who come after me will ever realize how I had to fight tooth and nail explaining this to my firm (Me : what if her visa gets rejected ? BA: She can apply again. Me: Ok, say she applied 2*12 = 24 times in 2013 and it got rejected 24 times. Then ? BA: uhmm.. uhmm.. )and making them agree to add my spouse to my plan 'when she joins me in the US'.

So, now my parents will be visiting me for 2 months. 23rd Feb to 5th May. Ages 56 and 52. Both have BP and mom has diabetes. Although both parents are in good health, I think I will cover them from 1 March to 30th April, just to be safe. I looked at both the links above and none of them show the price of purchasing the insurance. Both the plans above have the same under writer. Could you please advice on which would be the best and cost effective option for me ? Dad has Tata AIA Mahalife Gold insurance of some sort in India which supposedly covers for medical insurance abroad. Have you ever heard of such a thing ? I highly doubt it. I read a lot of posts recently where the insurance companies denied health claims. I wonder what could have gone wrong. Any words of advice on that front ?

Originally posted by insubuy View Post
    For those considering purchasing visitors insurance - you can either purchase fixed coverage plans or comprehensive coverage plans.

Please read about Risks of purchasing fixed coverage plans before purchasing them. If you are still comfortable purchasing them, by all means, purchase them, as we offer several of them.
    Also, what would a person in my condition typically go for ?

Thanks again for all your help. Can I call you InsuBhai ?

Cheers
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

I don't have sufficient knowledge about the insurance plans from India as we don't sell them. Therefore, I can't make precise comments about it. It would be the best thing to ask them for specifics.

However, from what you have described, it seems like life insurance. Why would life insurance in India provide medical insurance in the US? Even if it is health insurance that would cover in India and in the US, typical policy max limits in India are so low that it would be highly insufficient. For example, Rs. 5 Lakh policy is not even $10,000. And that amount is peanuts in the US for the healthcare.

It is always better to buy visitors insurance from the US based company. Please read https://www.insubuy.com/visitors-ins...ia-comparison/ for complete information.

We always recommend everyone to purchase only comprehensive coverage plans. And never the fixed coverage plans.

Both Atlas America and Liaison Continent plans are excellent plans. The main difference is in the coinsurance amount and the amount of coverage for acute onset of pre-existing conditions coverage. Please visit https://www.insubuy.com and enter their details. You will see the prices and you can compare them side by side. (Even in the links I provided earlier, you can click on 'Quotes & Purchase' to get the quotes.)

Regarding the claims problems or rejections, please read the complete story (if available) to understand why the claim was rejected. Without that, you are getting incomplete and inaccurate information. Many people want the best coverage at the cheapest price and then complain it didn't work out the way they hoped. People inappropriately exaggerate their side of the story which is unfair. If you would like us to comment on a specific case, please let us know. We get calls from numerous people every day who would like to buy the insurance AFTER their visiting parents are already sick and injured and despite our clear explanation that such things wouldn't be covered, they buy online anyway just to try their luck and when the experienced insurance company catches them and rightfully denies the claim, they complain.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post them here or contact us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X