Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medical Insurance for my in-laws

Hi Friends,

I am looking for buying medical insurance(USA-California) for my father-in-law who is 73 years old and he had a stroke 12 years ago. He takes blood thinners for it and he is diabetic just takes one pill a day and goes for two hour walks etc meaning to say that he has been doing pretty good. I want a coverage which can cover in case of acute illness like heart attack, stroke etc.
    My mother-in-law is 67 and is diagnosed with diabtes 2 years ago. She takes pills for blood pressure as well and she takes care of herself pretyt good too walking for two hours a day etc
    If anyone is aware of any insurance which covers for acute illnesses please let me know. I spoke to a couple of insurance companies and they say that even having a heart attack for the first in my in-laws case(both of them) would be considered as due to pre-existing condition which is diabetes. I hope there is some way out so we can invite them to visit us here. Please help!!!!!!

Thanks,
    Thanuja Shastry

Thanks you for your interest in purchasing visitors medical insurance for your in-laws.

Unfortunately, for your father-in-law, practically there is no insurance plan available that would cover any medical expenses related to pre-existing conditions as he is 70+. (There are some plans that cover up $300/night or $2,500 total etc. but that is meaningless.)

For your mother-in-law, there are several plans that can cover acute onset of pre-existing conditions up to some amount.
    Atlas America Insurance - Best Visitors insurance for foreign nationals visiting United States. Ideal if your parents or in-laws are visiting you.

If you are going to buy $50,000 policy max, consider Atlas America. If you are going to buy higher policy maximum, consider Liaison Continent plan as it can cover up to $100,000 in acute onset of pre-existing conditions for $1,000,000 policy maximum.

There is no such rule that for all diabetes patients, heart attack will automatically be considered as pre-existing conditions. It is determined by the claims department based on medical history, current treatment records and attending physician's statement. However, it is very highly likely that it would be considered as pre-existing condition.

They can certainly visit the U.S. However, there is no solution in the market today that would take care of all the risks so that you can invite them worry-free. You will have to carry some risk if you decide to invite them. That is the best you can do.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Originally posted by insubuy View Post
      Thanks you for your interest in purchasing visitors medical insurance for your in-laws.

Unfortunately, for your father-in-law, practically there is no insurance plan available that would cover any medical expenses related to pre-existing conditions as he is 70+. (There are some plans that cover up $300/night or $2,500 total etc. but that is meaningless.)

For your mother-in-law, there are several plans that can cover acute onset of pre-existing conditions up to some amount.
      Atlas America Insurance - Best Visitors insurance for foreign nationals visiting United States. Ideal if your parents or in-laws are visiting you.

If you are going to buy $50,000 policy max, consider Atlas America. If you are going to buy higher policy maximum, consider Liaison Continent plan as it can cover up to $100,000 in acute onset of pre-existing conditions for $1,000,000 policy maximum.

There is no such rule that for all diabetes patients, heart attack will automatically be considered as pre-existing conditions. It is determined by the claims department based on medical history, current treatment records and attending physician's statement. However, it is very highly likely that it would be considered as pre-existing condition.

They can certainly visit the U.S. However, there is no solution in the market today that would take care of all the risks so that you can invite them worry-free. You will have to carry some risk if you decide to invite them. That is the best you can do.
      Thanks for your response! I understand the risk thing, but the health care costs in US are unbearable, so its not very peaceful for them or us to come here without insurance. My father-in-law would not even step into this country without health insurance since he knows the costs here and he doesnot want to live with that fear.
      Do you know if there is any insurance available from India which would cover for these situations?

Thanks,
      t

Comment

Unfortunately, there is no such product available. Please read https://www.insubuy.com/visitors-ins...ia-comparison/

If you are unwilling to take the risk yourself, may be you should visit them, rather than they visit you.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X