Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Deal with this large medial bill for my father?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Deal with this large medial bill for my father?

Hi,

My parents visited US on February 2013 and i took the visitors insurance for them on a safe side.

to his bad fortune, he had a heart attack on his second day of arrival to USA.

the 911 services saved my father which is lot appreciated and the hospital later had to do a surgery (they had a stunt in his heart) for him immediately and he stayed in hospital for about two days.

I paid my regular co-pay which is 100 dollars and submitted the insurance details to them. Now, I was expecting a big bill even after the insurance coverage and prepared to make monthly payments later.

Now, after 6 months, they gave us a bill of 95000 USD, which is definitely not some thing we were expecting and also not some thing we can afford to pay.

I followed up with the insurance and they said they have paid 1730 USD for the claim, when i asked them why is the claim amount is very less, he answered we couldn't cover much due to the pre-existing conditions of the patient. well my father never had a heart attack in his life and i am not sure what made them came to such a conclusion, but we have this 93000 USD bill due now.

Now, what are my options, how can i deal with this kind of situation. Please Help.

Thank You.
    Last edited by kirank82; 10-05-2013, 10:18 AM.

Which plan have you purchased? What policy maximum?

May be, you can contact us and provide your certificate number etc. so that we can look into it further, if you have purchased from us.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

sorry to hear..

i am sorry for your situation..
      please let us know how things proceed, were you able to reduce the cost somehow ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X