Bringing parents to US for medical care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing parents to US for medical care

I want to get information about the possible insurance options for my parents - 63 and 58 years. My parents live in India. My dad recently had a heart attack. Both my parents have valid visitor visa and have traveled to US before. I want to call them to the US again for 4-5 months to access the medical care here.
    I saw on the Insubuy website that some of the visitor insurance options cover "acute onset of pre-existing condition" but none of them cover "regular maintenance" of pre-existing conditions. Is there no plan at all that covers "regular maintenance" of pre-existing conditions for visitors? I want my dad to get consultations from cardiologists here to get second opinion. I know this might be tricky but would like to know any possible insurance option available.
    The other option that I am exploring for my parents is that my sister who will become a citizen soon can sponsor my parents Green Card. That will take time but I want to check - are there insurance options then that cover pre-existing conditions?

1. No, there is no visitors insurance plan available anywhere in the market that would cover routine maintenance for pre-exsiting conditions. It would not cover second opinion either. It is a pure loss and no insurance company can afford to cover that. You will have to pay that out of your pocket.

2. When they get become greencard holders, check whether you will be to buy them any Obamacare plan in their area. No other options. Anyway, it is not going to cheap, and it will have high deductible, coinsurance and out of pocket.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Thanks!!

1. Ok. Is it possible to add parents to my workplace insurance plan as dependents?

2. So if they have GC, can you direct me to some website that provides such insurance plan option?

Originally posted by insubuy View Post
      1. No, there is no visitors insurance plan available anywhere in the market that would cover routine maintenance for pre-exsiting conditions. It would not cover second opinion either. It is a pure loss and no insurance company can afford to cover that. You will have to pay that out of your pocket.

2. When they get become greencard holders, check whether you will be to buy them any Obamacare plan in their area. No other options. Anyway, it is not going to cheap, and it will have high deductible, coinsurance and out of pocket.
      - - - Updated - - -

Also, do you mean even if they have GC - they won't have Medicare or Medicaid coverage?

Originally posted by insurance_search View Post
      Thanks!!

1. Ok. Is it possible to add parents to my workplace insurance plan as dependents?

2. So if they have GC, can you direct me to some website that provides such insurance plan option?

Comment

1. I don't think so. But you can ask your workplace. If that was possible, we would not be in business.
        2. Obamacare web site.
        3. Read

In short, you are looking for some "free or cheap" way of taking care of your relatives' health issues in the US. That is not going to happen. Both US government and insurance companies are smarter than that and they have seen it all.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X