Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a visitor with pre-existing ailments take insurance

Here's my situation -

I am in US on H1B. Only child to my parents. I was about to get multiple entry visa for my parents but all of a sudden my mother's ailment became serious. Her one kidney stopped working and from past three months she is on routine dialysis. Thankfully her condition is now stable and is improving, but it would require her to get a dialysis once a week for foreseeable future.

I dont want to leave my current job in US and want to bring her over here to take care of her.

My question is -
    1) I do not want to hide the above fact from Insurance companies - but is it possible to still get any sort of insurance for her?
    2) What is the cost of dialysis/homeodialysis here in US ? Internet search is not revealing anything and as we all know the medical system in this country is screwed and broken to hell.
    3) Is the cost covered under any sort of Insurance ?

Thanks in advance. Do let me know pointers to where I can get this info if you cannot help. I am planning to visit a dialysis center but I know the people there won't understand my situation (cultural difference) and would advise me otherwise.
    Last edited by nik11; 08-07-2014, 07:59 PM.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to find any visitors insurance that would cover her routine expenses such as dialysis. Please read https://www.insubuy.com/visitors-ins...atment-in-usa/ for an explanation of a similar situation.

Even if you visit the dialysis center, they are very unlikely to quote you a price. But I can tell you that those costs are going to be very high and it is very unlikely that you can afford them without insurance.

My advice would be not to bring her to the US.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X