Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need suggestion regarding parents pending medical bills (visitor visa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestion regarding parents pending medical bills (visitor visa)

Hi Friends,

Few months back my parents visited to USA on Tourism visa, where I'm the sponsor/sent invitation as per I-134/usual visa documentation. After a month unfortunately my father got sick we took him to ER in local hospital@BayArea, where he was treated and hospitalized for 2 days. I bought full comprehensive insurance from HCCMIS (a reputed agency), and which is accepted by hospital during admission. My father signed all papers, gave my home address/phone no as local one is needed by hospital and I had to give my name as witness for his belongings. My parents left home country in couple of days for further medical treatment as it could exceed visitor insurance limit if it is here.

After a month I started receiving various medical bills (from hospital, doctors, labs), which are all on my father's name and mentioned insurance company yet to pay bills. In couple of weeks I got statements from insurance companies that they paid bills up to around 10-15K (which includes flight cancellation fees also, claimed by me). I was happy that insurance company is paid all bills and a bit surprised too that how come it is 10-15K including all, and in a week I got another statement from insurance company that it rejected 4 claims (ER visit, hospital stay, imaging, surgical equipment ) under pre-existing condition and that amount is around 40K. I was shocked that how could they cover 30% and rest denied under pre-existing condition, and my father never had that medical condition in the past. Since he is above 65+, and he was admitted after 2 days of observing symptoms (an acute pre-existing case should be admitted in with in 24 hrs of symptom started), insurance could have denied (just assuming, not inquired yet). I just received a big bill from hospital (which is on my father's name) ? now I completely lost on what to do ?

1. Since everything is on my fathers name if I ignore bills, would there be any issue in the future for re-entry ?
    2. Since it is not a pre-existing condition, if I talk to hospital to reclaim insurance or file a compliant as how could they pay half and reject half ? But since I'll be involved in this, will I be liable if insurance company don't pay at the end ?
    3. Shall I call hospital, and report immediately that patient is left home country, a retired senior citizen with no income and he never had this medical condition in the past so it is up to you how to proceed but please don't reach out me. OR just ignore and later collection agency may come back as my home address/phone number is given there ?
    4. Are there any other options to fire back on insurance company ? But I'm thinking it should be from Hospital, the minute I involve I might need to be signed or get signs from my father for further legal complaints on Insurance company ? But don't know the chances insurance will cover as they are smart in dealing these things especially for senior visitors under pre-existing conditions.

Big time appreciated your inputs for my situation.....and please do research before buying any insurance companies, even they are 4+ star rated (it is in my case ....)

Thanks,

Where did you purchase the insurance from? I mean which web site / broker / agent?

If you purchased through Insubuy, please contact us immediately so that we can advise of the best course of action.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Originally posted by insubuy View Post
      Where did you purchase the insurance from? I mean which web site / broker / agent?

If you purchased through Insubuy, please contact us immediately so that we can advise of the best course of action.
      I did not buy from Insubuy, was bought from different agent. Appreciate your suggestions...

Thanks,
      Kris

Comment

I don't have any information about your case but solely from what you have written here, it seems that insurance company processed the claim correctly. In order to get the coverage under acute onset of pre-existing conditions, you must receive initial treatment within 24 hours. However, it seems you waited for 2 days. Therefore, it should be excluded. Just because insurance company didn't pay, it does not mean they are bad. Every insurance company (whether home, life, auto or anything) pays according to its terms and conditions and not for everything.

Without knowing the complete details of the case including medical records, attending physician report and insurance company communication, it is not possible to answer your insurance claim related questions accurately. I suggest you contact your agent and seek further help, if they are willing to help, that is.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Originally posted by insubuy View Post
          I don't have any information about your case but solely from what you have written here, it seems that insurance company processed the claim correctly. In order to get the coverage under acute onset of pre-existing conditions, you must receive initial treatment within 24 hours. However, it seems you waited for 2 days. Therefore, it should be excluded. Just because insurance company didn't pay, it does not mean they are bad. Every insurance company (whether home, life, auto or anything) pays according to its terms and conditions and not for everything.

Without knowing the complete details of the case including medical records, attending physician report and insurance company communication, it is not possible to answer your insurance claim related questions accurately. I suggest you contact your agent and seek further help, if they are willing to help, that is.
          Thank you for the response. I will check with insurance company and hospital.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X