X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriot America Insurance query

Dear sirs/madams,

I'd like to have advice for the following:

My husband will go to US on 18 Jan 2017 with a tourist visa. He will then apply US working visa in mid of March 2017.

The process may take up to 2 months. If the working visa is sucessfully, he will not return back to my country.

So, my questions are:

1. In case he has a working visa sooner than expected (says, April 2017), and I bought insurance until May 2017. Is the time from April to May still valid since he is no more tourist (but got a working visa)

2. If anything happened, can he still claim and paid while in US without returning back to my country?

3. If he wants to shorten the period after bought insurance, is it possible, any penalty?

4. Is this insurance (Patriot America Insurance) also covered if he travelled to other countries, other than my country, e.g. mexico, canada?

Appreciate your fast response.

Thanks and regards,

Thank you for contacting Insubuy. Please see the answers to your questions below.

1.In case he has a working visa sooner than expected (says, April 2017), and I bought insurance until May 2017. Is the time from April to May still valid since he is no more tourist (but got a working visa)

This depends on the plan you purchase. We would recommend purchasing the Patriot America Plus plan for him as this plan will provide coverage for someone on a visitors or work visa. This plan will provide coverage until he is eligible to purchase insurance from his employer.

2. If anything happened, can he still claim and paid while in US without returning back to my country?

All the plans on our website are administrated by companies located here in the U.S. He can process a claim online, or download a form from the current clients section of our website and return this to the claims department directly. There is no requirement for him to return to his home country and file a claim.

3. If he wants to shorten the period after bought insurance, is it possible, any penalty?

You may cancel the policy Patriot America Plus plan after the effective date. You would receive a pro-rated refund for the unused portion minus a $50.00 cancellation as long as no claims have been filed since the effective date.

4. Is this insurance (Patriot America Insurance) also covered if he travelled to other countries, other than my country, e.g. mexico, canada?

The Patriot America Plus plan will provide coverage to the insured anywhere outside of his home country.

If you have any additional questions please let us know. You may also contact our office directly at (866) INSUBUY.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Thank you very much for your detail reply.
      I'd like to ask, should I leave blank in the "Dependent" field as I do not want this insurance to cover for him/her because at that period of time, she is not with my husband in US yet.

Comment

Thank you for contacting Insubuy.

If there are not dependent children to be covered on the policy then you will leave this section blank and continue the application for the insured persons.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact our office.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X