Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel/medical insurance for USA and Germany

Hello insubuy,

My parents are visiting me here in the USA for a couple of months and also visiting Germany for 3 weeks on their way back to India. I am looking for an insurance that covers both USA and Germany stay. I did speak to Lan (on the toll-free line) ... she was kind enough to explain various options to me, but am still confused because I need proof of insurance to apply for a schengen visa, and you suggest to buy one with $0 deductible.

I have two options here:

1. Buying a comprehensive plan with coverage area "International including USA". I was told this would cover both countries, but turns out to be expensive for $0 deductible option.
    2. Buying two separate plans - one covering USA only and one schengen only. Some travel agents in India tell me that this is not "acceptable" since it is a single trip and so need to buy one plan covering USA & Germany. I don't know if this is not acceptable by the insurance provider OR the German consulate. Can the visa be rejected if I go with this option?

The second option gives me the freedom of buying a plan with higher deductible for USA and $0 deductible for schengen. Please suggest what is best? Are the travel agents in India right?

thanks,
    ktg
    Last edited by ktg; 01-04-2019, 05:15 PM.

Germany

No one can tell you what the consulate requires except for the consulate. People can speculate but it's not going to be 100%. What i would suggest is you purchase separate plans and take them to the consulate.
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X