Dental issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dental issues

My 59-year old mother is currently in the US (California). She arrived in May with the intention of leaving in early October (5 month stay).

Before her arrival I went through this forum and at Mr Narendra's recommendation I purchased a Patriot America Insurance policy ($500,000) in her name.

Now, suddenly since yesterday she has been having a tooth ache. We have not been to the dentist yet.

However, I am worried.

The insurance certificate states that she is only eligible for up to $100 "for necessary treatment of unexpected pain to sound natural teeth".

Now, don't dentists usually charge more than that amount for even the initial consultation? What if she needs to visit the dentist more than once?

- Can Mr. Narendra suggest a solution to my quandary?
    - Would it work if I bought Careington Dental Coverage for her at this stage?

I really don't want her to have to leave the US 2.5 months earlier than planned because of a dental problem. So please help.

Hello,

Patriot America and other visitors insurance are really medical insurance plans. They practically don't provide good dental insurance.

For dental problems, best thing to purchase is Careington, available at https://www.insubuy.com/individual-family-dental-plans/

However, please note that you can not go to dentist before you receive your card in the mail. And it will take around 7 to 10 days to receive the card and for person's name to show up in the dentist's database. You can't print the id card online; you can't first go there, spend money and file for claim later. You must wait for card to arrive in the mail and there is no way to expedite that.

Other than that, Careington is an excellent dental plan for $11.95/month and one time application fee of $20. You will be charged monthly until you explicitly cancel it. It can start either from first of this month or first of next month.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here, or contact us at (866) INSU-BUY.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X