Diabetes and pre-existing conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diabetes and pre-existing conditions

My parents are planning on visiting this summer. My father is 65 years old, while my mother is 59 years old. My question pertains to my father's condition.

Though he has been a borderline diabetic for over 10 years now, his diabetes and cholesterol levels are well in control at present. While going through some of the brochures, I understand that "pre-existing" conditions are not covered.

My question: Does this mean that if he suffers any ailments/ conditions that can be tied to diabetes (such as heart, kidney, etc.), they would not be covered, despite the fact that he has NO history related to such conditions? I would greatly appreciate your response.

Your understanding is correct. Anything related to diabetes would be excluded in all visitor medical insurance plans from all the companies.But that does not mean all those diseases that you mentioned will always be excluded. It all depends upon specific case. Depending upon the doctor's exam, treatment, past and current medical records, and attending physician's report, insurance company's claim department will decide whether something is pre-existing condition or not.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X