Questions for Atlas America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Atlas America

I need some information on Atlas America. I am thinking of buying this insurance for my parents.

I had a few questions about this plan.

1.Would the coverage start from the day they board the flight from India? Would this plan offer benefits for their journey from India to US?

2.My parents would be visiting Canada and Mexico for a couple of days during their stay in US. Would this plan offer them the same coverage in Canada and Mexico as in US?

3.After their return from Canada and Mexico back to US, would their coverage remain the same?

4.During their stay in US, my father would be turning 65. Atlas America has different premiums for age group 60-64 and 65+. So how the premium would be calculated?

1. Insurance starts at 12.01 AM Indianapolis time (Central time in summer) the day you specify. Insurance is valid anywhere outside home country. And most of the flights leave India around 2-3 AM in the morning, which is still a previous day. Therefore, I recommend that you start the coverage effective date one day in advance.

2. Yes. In fact, outside US and Canada, there is no co-insurance of 20% for first $5,000 expense.

3. Yes.

4.You should consider the age at the time of effective date. If he is 64 years old at the time of purchasing, that is the age you should consider. It does not matter that your father turns 65 in the middle of the policy. However, if you would like to renew the policy after he turns 65, premium would be according to age 65.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X